Starting a New Trial on Monday

This coming Monday my wife and I are headed up to Duke to hopefully get our first treatment of Nivolumab and possibly Ipilimumab (Yervoy).  I’m saying hopefully because the final check I have to pass is some blood work first thing Monday morning (shouldn’t be a problem…knocking on wood now) and I say possibly because they aren’t going to randomize me into one of the 2 arms until Monday morning.  The reason for not randomizing is they have to give the drugs within 72 hours of being randomized and with it being the weekend they wanted to just wait until Monday.  I know for sure I’ll be getting Nivolumab, won’t know about Ipilimumab until I meet with the Doctors on Monday.

Below are a couple of shots from an MRI I had about 10 days ago.  Again I’m not an expert at reading these but other than the big hole where the tumor was it’s starting to look like a pretty healthy brain….at least that is what I’m told and since I’m feeling really good, I have no reason to think otherwise.

2014-03-13 - 2 MRI 2014-03-13 MRI






Thats all for now, will let everyone know how things go tomorrow!


Facebook Comments


Comments are closed.